tell (someone's) fortune(redirected from tell their fortune)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
tell (someone's) fortune
To (profess to) anticipate and inform someone about certain outcomes or events in their near or distant future. This old lady in the apartment next to mine offered to tell my fortune for ten bucks. I never go in for stuff like that, but I'll admit that I'm a bit curious.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- tell fortunes
- don't count your chickens before they hatch
- Don't count your chickens before they hatch.
- Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.
- have (got) (one's) number
- have somebody's number
- have someone's number
- you can bet the farm that (something will happen or is the case)
- know which way the wind is blowing
- so it goes