Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. noun Someone who is particularly skilled with or knowledgeable about technology. Hey, Jim—I know you're a bit of a techie. Would you mind having a look at my computer and see if you can find out what's wrong with it? The techies working on the new model have packed it full of all sorts of impressive features.
2. adjective Of or related to the more complex aspects or inner workings of technology. My roommate is a computer engineering major, so whenever I ask him how to do something on the computer, he starts rattling off all sorts of techie nonsense that I can't understand. Look, skip the techie speak. All I want to know is if this is a reliable model of phone.
1. n. a student in a technical or engineering college. Of course, one groovy guy proves that techies aren’t nerds, right?
2. n. a person with technical skills or knowledge. The techies say it should work, theoretically, that is.
3. mod. having to do with technical people or things. I don’t like this techie jargon.