take (something) lightly(redirected from take lightly)
take (something) lightly
To regard something without much seriousness; to be very casual or carefree about something. I hope you aren't taking these allegations lightly—they could mean a life in prison! I've learned to take my work more lightly in recent years. There are just more important things to worry about.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- all for the best
- able to do (something) with (one's) eyes closed
- able to do with eyes closed
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- add in
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- able to (do something) blindfolded
- able to (do something) with (one's) eyes closed
- able to do (something) standing on (one's) head