tacky(redirected from tackiest)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to tackiest: tacky
Cheap, crude, and unrefined; indicating or characteristic of a lack of class, elegance, or sophistication. He showed up in a really tacky suit. Their food is actually really good, I just think their decorations are a bit tacky.
1. noun Any cheap, shoddy material, especially used in construction. Judging from how little soundproofing there is in this building, I'd say they made the walls out of ticky-tacky.
2. adjective Consisting of or constructed from such cheap or shoddy materials. The company threw up a couple ticky-tacky bungalows so the crew could live on-site until the work was finished.
3. adjective Mediocre or unimaginative in design, appearance, or style. They've been building row after row of ticky-tacky houses about 20 minutes from the city off the interstate. They're so cookie-cutter in design that they're actually a little depressing to look at.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. cheap; crude. That was a tacky thing to do to her.
2. mod. alcohol intoxicated. Tom was a little tacky, so he gave me his car keys.
n. cheap and shabby material. Those houses are just made of ticky-tacky, and they won’t even be here in twenty years.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.