swing around(redirected from swing her around)
1. To spin or turn rapidly around in the opposite direction. I swung around when I though I heard my name. The police car swung around and turned on its siren to begin pursuing the van that ran the red light.
2. To cause someone or something to spin or turn rapidly around in the opposite direction. A noun or pronoun can be used between "swing" and "around." She had to swing the motorboat around and started heading back to shore. I had to swing the toddler around to keep him from walking down the steps.
3. To visit some place for a brief period of time or for a particular purpose. I need to swing around the office to pick up some paperwork. Why don't you swing around on Saturday for dinner?
swing around (to something)
to move one's body or view around to another position. She swung around to the left, where she could see better. The bear suddenly swung around and charged.
1. To turn rapidly around something: The car swung around the corner and almost hit a pedestrian.
2. To turn rapidly to face the opposite direction: When I heard footsteps behind me, I swung around.