Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. noun Extreme self-confidence. A shortened form of the word "swagger." All the girls want to date him because he's got swag.
2. noun Small promotional items given away at events such as conferences. Look at all the swag I got at that HR conference! Pens, a clipboard, even a beach ball!
3. noun, slang An abbreviation of "scientific wild-ass guess," meaning an estimate or guess based on very simple evidence, reasoning, or logic. In this usage, the term is usually written in all capital letters. Now, this is just a SWAG, but judging from the calculations I jotted down just now, we need to clear about $500,000 in sales to recoup our development costs. I never trust weather forecasts—in this country, they're little more than SWAGs!
4. adjective Cool; awesome. Yeah, that dude's pretty swag.
5. interjection Cool; awesome. Hey, there's free pizza here! Swag!
scientific wild ass guessand SWAG
phr. & comp. abb. a simple guess. (Often objectionable.) I don’t know at all. That was a SWAG. I always use the SWAG system.