subjugate to (someone or something)(redirected from subjugating me for)
subjugate to (someone or something)
1. To conquer someone according to the whims or dominion of someone else, especially through the use of military force. A noun or pronoun is used between "subjugate" and "to." Soldiers have spread throughout the country, subjugating the people to the self-proclaimed emperor.
2. To have something be subject to or under the dominion of something else. A noun or pronoun is used between "subjugate" and "to"; often used in passive constructions. Everyone's generosity and magnanimity are inevitably subjugated to their own demands of survival and self-preservation. You cannot subjugate people's religious faith to the demands of the government.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
subjugate someone to someone
to suppress someone in someone else's favor. The army sought to subjugate everyone to the king.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- bring (someone or something) before (someone or something)
- bear off from (someone or something)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- big spender
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be in bad with (someone)