Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
slang To move or behave in an ostentatious or showy manner; to show off. Tommy keeps styling around town in his new convertible.
Having an exceptionally chic, trendy, or fashionable appearance or style. Often shortened as "stylin'." She showed up to school in some stylin' new boots. I only buy clothes that are comfortable and functional. I have no interest in being styling.
See also: style
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
in. to show off; to strut around. (see also strut one’s stuff.) Why don’t you style over here and meet my man?
n. looking good; showing off how good one looks. Dave thinks that stylin’ is his sole occupation.
See also: style
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (do something) as if it's going out of style
- (do something) like it's going out of style
- after the fashion of
- after the style of (someone or something)
- be (not) (one's) style
- be somebody's style
- classical style
- cramp (one's) style
- cramp somebody's style
- cramp someone's style
- cramp someone's style, to
- cramp style
- do something like it's going out of style
- dog style
- doggy style
- execution style
- go out
- go out of fashion
- go out of style
- in fashion
- in fine style
- in grand style
- in great style
- in style
- life style
- like it is going out of fashion or style
- like it was going out of style
- out of fashion
- out of style
- ride in style
- spend money like it's going out of style
- style it out
- style up
- the/an/(one's) artistic style
- use (something) as if it's going out of style
- use (something) like it's going out of style