Someone who studies very hard or very often. An ironic play on the phrase "party animal," meaning someone who attends parties engages in recreational activities very frequently. I goofed off for the first two years of college, but I turned into a real study animal once I realized I was close to flunking out. You'd have a lot more fun if you weren't such a study animal all the time!
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. someone who studies hard. (A play on party animal.) At the end of the school year every party animal turns into a study animal.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)
- brief about
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- be in (someone's) shoes
- be in another person's shoes
- be in somebody's shoes
- bell, book, and candle things that are miraculous or that signal that