strip down(redirected from stripping me down)
1. To remove all or most of one's clothing. When I wrestled in high school, we always stripped down to our underwear—or nothing at all—when we did our weigh-ins. The man was arrested for stripping down in a public place.
2. To remove all or most of someone else's clothing. A noun or pronoun can be used between "strip" and "down." I had to strip Daniel down to his underwear in order to wash all that muck off him. The guards stripped down the inmates to check for any weapons or contraband.
3. To remove elements or features until something is in a more basic, minimal state. A noun or pronoun can be used between "strip" and "down." In response to the recession, the government has been stripping down most social welfare programs. As they company has largely just become a step in their tax-avoidance chain, they have stripped it down to a single administrative employee.
to remove one's clothing. The doctor told Joe to strip down for his examination. Joe stripped down for the examination.
1. To reduce something to essential or minimal features: The director decided to strip down the production in order to reduce costs. If you strip them down to their bare essentials, most religions really believe the same things.
2. To remove one's clothing: I stripped down and stepped into the shower.
3. strip down to To remove layers of one's clothing until only some clothing remains: The models stripped down to their underwear for the photo shoot.
4. To remove someone's clothing: The babysitter stripped down the kids and drew the bath water. Airport security guards are authorized to detain suspicious individuals and strip them down for searching.
5. strip down to To remove layers of someone's clothing until only some clothing remains: I stripped the children down to their swimsuits so they could play in the water.