Also found in: Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. Something that is motivated by or done for purely business purposes, without being driven by or executed for any ulterior personal reasons I know this comes as a blow, Sonny, but I can assure you that it is not a reflection of your talents or personality. It's strictly business, that's all. You can't let your emotions get wrapped up in these kinds of deals. They're strictly business, and emotions should have nothing to do with them.
2. Something that is done solely to achieve some purpose or goal, not for pleasure or recreation. I know you're excited about flying to Las Vegas, but remember that this is not going to be a vacation—it's strictly business. Rather than having every single meeting be strictly business, try mixing them up with more fun activities to help build your team's morale.
3. Someone who is very professional and does not mess around with foolishness or personal matters. Outside of the office, he's one of the biggest clowns you'll ever meet. But when it comes to sealing deals for work, Tom is strictly business. I need an outfit that let's everyone know I'm strictly business.
1. a matter or issue that is all business and no pleasure. This meeting is strictly business. We don't have time for any leisure activity.
2. a person who is very businesslike and does not waste time with nonbusiness matters. Joe is strictly business. I don't think he has a sense of humor. At least I have never seen it.