strand (someone or something) on (something)(redirected from stranded himself on)
strand (someone or something) on (something)
To cause someone or something to be stuck or trapped something from which they or it is unable to move or escape. Often used in passive constructions. Without gas, our car was totally stranded on the side of the road. The storm blew our boat off course and stranded us on a remote island.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
strand someone on something
to abandon someone on something from which there is no escape. The shipwreck stranded our little group on a deserted beach. We were stranded on the little island by a storm.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- (someone or something) promises well
- all right
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- accompanied by
- accompanied by (someone or something)