Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

keep the stork flying

 and keep the stork busy
Rur. to have lots of children. Sally's pregnant again, with their sixth. They sure do keep the stork flying! Grandma and grandpa kept the stork flying. I've got ten aunts and uncles.
See also: flying, keep, stork

visit from the stork

Fig. a birth. (According to legend, babies are brought to their parents by a stork.) I hear that Maria is expecting a visit from the stork. The young couple had a visit from the stork.
See also: stork, visit


mod. pregnant. She got herself good and storked. Now what?
See also: stork

visit from the stork

n. the birth of a baby. The last visit from the stork was in March.
See also: stork, visit
References in periodicals archive ?
Fluors chairman and CEO David Seaton said: The acquisition of Stork is consistent with Fluors goal to further enhance our integrated solutions capabilities in thoughtful, strategic ways that will increase the value we deliver to our clients and shareholders.
The sale of both Stork and Fokker will generate combined cash proceeds for Candover of c.
The adult white storks have lived at the centre for several years, but this is the first time they have successfully hatched chicks.
The Stork contains one device, to be used in one ovulation cycle, PS99.
Extensive behavioral observations confirmed that a large majority of foraging trips in the studied stork population did not exceed 4 km (Podlaszczuk 2012).
Mark Huisman, sales manager, Stork Prints, states: "Volume wise, the DSI offers an increasingly attractive alternative to flexo and other printing technologies.
Stork Prints also demonstrated its UV inks dedicated to the company's DSI UV inkjet label printer.
This is the second such case after 20 oriental white storks were found dead and another 13 poisoned earlier this month in north China's Tianjin Municipality.
We sealed the agreement with Stork Technical Services because of its excellent reputation and high-quality performance in the area of providing specialised services," he remarked.
Under the agreement, Stork will take a 55% stake, with SISCO taking the remaining 45% share.
In Germany and Slovakia, a stork nest is an omen of good luck, and people provide cartwheel nesting platforms on chimneys to encourage the birds to stay.
Home baking staple Stork is launching its first NPD since the 1970s-a liquid margarine designed for easier mixing and blending.
Abi Said also said that storks mate for life and hunting one stork amounts to losing two or more as the stork that loses its partner can no longer reproduce.
The new tool is a step-by-step online business start-up builder with over 90 digital images of stork and other lawn greeting designs to choose from.
8-meter-tall marabou stork on an Indonesian island once home to human-like 'hobbits'.