stinker(redirected from stinkers)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A term of endearment for a playfully mischievous child. You tricked me, you little stinker! That was a good joke!
2. slang An odious, contemptible, or despicable person. How a stinker like him got elected to congress is beyond me. Everyone knows the stinkers that run these major corporations have no regard for us common folk.
3. slang Something of an especially inferior quality. The first movie was an overlooked classic, but its sequels were all stinkers. He wrote a real stinker of a play.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. an unpleasant or wicked person. Jerry is a real stinker. Look what he did!
2. n. a serious problem. This whole business is a real stinker.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.