stamp out (something) from (someone or something)(redirected from stamp something out from)
stamp out (something) from (someone or something)
To eradicate some trait, characteristic, or tendency from a person or thing. The teachers at our school are instructed to be so strict in order to stamp out laziness and bad behavior from our students. The proposed legislation aims to stamp out corruption from every level of government.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
- not know the meaning of the word
- there was/is something about (someone or something)
- there's something about (someone or something)
- there's something about somebody/something
- as (something) as they come
- as as they come
- as clever, stupid, etc. as they come
- How (something) can you be?
- how selfish, stupid, ungrateful, etc. can you get?