squeeze (one) dry(redirected from squeeze us dry)
squeeze (one) dry
To use force or pressure to exploit someone for as much money, information, manpower, etc., as someone has or is able to give. We were hoping to start our own business, but those loan sharks squeezed us dry with insanely high interest rates. Interrogators are planning to squeeze the captured spy dry for all the information he may have about the enemy's plans.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
ˌsqueeze somebody ˈdryget as much money, information, etc. out of somebody as you can: The war, as well as the economic sanctions imposed by foreign powers, have squeezed the economy dry.
Farlex Partner Idioms Dictionary © Farlex 2017
- accompany (one) on a/(one's) journey
- accompany on a journey
- brief (someone) about (someone or something)
- brief about
- a stranger to (someone or something)
- be out of (one's) league
- be out of somebody's league
- be in bad with (someone)
- (one) puts (one's) pants on one leg at a time
- bargain for (someone or something) with (someone)