spot (one) (some amount of money)(redirected from spot him some money)
spot (one) (some amount of money)
To lend one some amount of money, especially in an impromptu fashion and often without the expectation of being paid back. Sorry, I forgot to bring my wallet with me. Could you spot me a few bucks to pay for my coffee? Oh no, not this time. I'm not spotting you any more money until you pay back what you still owe me.
1. Sl. to give an advantage to someone. I'll spot you twenty points. No need to spot me. I'm the greatest!
2. Sl. to lend someone something. Can you spot me a few bucks? I can spot you a whole hundred!
1. n. a small drink of liquor. I’ll just have a spot, please.
2. n. a nightclub; a night spot. It was a nice little spot, with a combo and a canary.
spot someone (something)
1. tv. to give an advantage to someone. I’ll spot you twenty points.
2. tv. to lend someone something. Can you spot me a few bucks?