spoon(redirected from spoon her)
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. verb, informal To lie down alongside another person so that the back of one person is pressed intimately against the front of the other. I just love spooning with my husband. There's no feeling quite so comforting in the whole world.
2. verb, informal To cuddle (someone) with one's abdomen and thighs nestled closely against the back side of the other person. Would you mind spooning me for a while? I'm just feeling quite anxious, and it would make me feel a lot better.
3. verb, informal To kiss and caress (someone) amorously. She walked back into the room and caught them spooning on the ottoman like a pair of high school sweethearts.
4. noun, dated slang A foolish or useless person; a simpleton. Don't worry, the man they put in charge of security is a real spoon. It shouldn't be any trouble getting around him.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. in. to neck and pet. They like to go out and spoon under the stars.
2. Go to cokespoon, (flake) spoon.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- a greasy spoon
- be born with a silver spoon in (one's) mouth
- be born with a silver spoon in your mouth
- be spoon-fed
- born with a silver spoon
- born with a silver spoon in (one's) mouth
- born with a silver spoon in his or her mouth
- born with a silver spoon in mouth
- born with a silver spoon in your mouth
- flake spoon
- gag me with a spoon
- get the wooden spoon
- get, win, take, etc. the wooden spoon
- greasy spoon
- he who gives fair words feeds you with an empty spoon
- he who sups with the devil should have a long spoon
- make a spoon or spoil a horn
- silver spoon
- spoon out
- spoon up
- spoon-feed (someone)
- stick (one's) spoon in the wall
- take the wooden spoon
- the wooden spoon
- there is no spoon
- win the wooden spoon