Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to split: Split pea soup
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
slang To leave or depart, especially quickly or suddenly. We'd better split, Tom. We don't want to miss our flight. Once people started getting so drunk that they were falling over themselves, I knew it was about time to split.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2022 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
in. to leave. Look at the clock. Time to split.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) fine as a frog('s) hair (split three/four ways)
- (as) fine as frog('s) hair (split four ways)
- (it's) time to split
- (I've) got to split
- a split second
- be (as) fine as a frog('s) hair split four ways
- be (as) fine as a frog('s) hair split three ways
- be (as) fine as frog('s) hair (split four ways)
- divide fifty-fifty
- do a split
- do the splits
- Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you!
- Don't let the doorknob hit you where the good Lord split you!
- finer than a frog('s) hair (split three/four ways)
- finer than frog('s) hair (split four ways)
- finer than frog('s) hair (split three/four ways)
- for a split second
- got to split
- happen in a split second
- have a split personality
- in a split second
- I've got to split
- make like a banana and split
- occur in a split second
- split (one's) sides
- split (one's) ticket
- split (something) down the middle
- split (something) fifty-fifty
- split a gut
- split a/(one's) gut
- split between
- split between (two or more people or things)
- split decision
- split ends
- split hairs
- split hairs, to
- split in
- split in (number or fraction)
- split into
- split into (number or fraction)
- split off
- split one's sides
- split one's sides, to
- split people up
- split personality
- split second
- split sides
- split something down the middle
- split the difference
- split the ticket
- split the vote
- split ticket
- split up
- split with
- split with (one)
- split your sides
- time to run
- vote a split ticket