splash about(redirected from splash them about)
1. To move around in some amount or body of water in a playful, frenetic manner, causing lots of splashes in the process. Don't splash about too much in the bath, kids. I don't want the floor getting all wet. I used to love going to the pool as a kid and splashing about for the whole day.
2. To slosh around inside of something. The soup splashed about in the large serving bowl as the waiter wheeled it around the dining room. I drank too much water just before the run. Now I can feel it splashing about in my belly with every step I take!
3. To cause some liquid to slosh around in or out of something. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "splash" and "about." Be careful not to splash the wine about as you carry those glasses to the table. I poured some water into the urn and splashed it about to rinse dust out.
splash something about
to scatter or slosh a liquid about. Please don't splash that about. It will stain anything you spill it on. Don't splash that stuff about!
splash aboutand splash around
1. to move about in a volume of a liquid, splashing. The children splashed about in the pool. They splashed around for an hour.
2. [for a liquid] to move about, splashing. The water splashed about in the bucket. It splashed around as I carried the bucket.