spin around(redirected from spinning me around)
1. To turn rapidly around in the opposite direction. I spun around when I though I heard my name. The police car spun around and turned on its siren to begin pursuing the van that ran the red light.
2. To cause someone or something to turn rapidly around in the opposite direction. A noun or pronoun can be used between "spin" and "around." She had to spin the motorboat around and started heading back to shore. I had to spin the toddler around to keep him from walking down the steps.
3. To turn around in circles very rapidly. The child spun around and collapsed on the ground laughing from her dizziness. The car began spinning around in the parking lot, leaving circles of tire tracks on the pavement.
4. To cause someone or something to turn around in circles very rapidly. A noun or pronoun can be used between "spin" and "around." I'll put this blindfold on you and spin you around, and then you try to hit the piñata with this stick. He spun the dial around until the tumblers of the lock clicked into place.
5. To visit some place for a brief period of time or for a particular purpose. I need to spin around the office to pick up some paperwork. Why don't you spin around on Saturday for dinner?
1. to turn around to face a different direction. Jill spun around to face her accuser. Todd spun around in his chair so he could see who was talking to him.
2. to rotate, possibly a number of times. The propellers spun around and soon the old plane began to taxi down the runway. The merry-go-round spun around at a moderate speed.