Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A person who drives over the speed limit. The police have announced a statewide crackdown on speeders. Someone who feels drowsy behind the wheel is just as accident prone as a speeder.
2. slang Any drug that acts as a stimulant, especially amphetamine or methamphetamine. My drinking had gotten so bad that I was snorting speeders throughout the day just to be able to function at work. She downed a speeder, cranked up the heavy metal, and set to worked on the welding.
1. n. a speeding ticket. The cop that gave Mary a speeder Wednesday gave her another one Friday.
2. n. an amphetamine or methamphetamine tablet, capsule, or ampoule. (see also speed.) Somebody dropped some speeders on the floor of the car, and my father spazzed out.
3. and speedster n. a user of amphetamines or methamphetamine; a person who is hyperactive from amphetamine use. (Drugs.) That kid is really hyped up—must be a speeder. The speedsters can seem crazy when they’re on a run.