speak of(redirected from speak of someone)
1. Literally, to discuss, mention, or talk about someone or something. We were just speaking of the new intern—what do you think of him? Let's never speak of this again.
2. To be indicative or suggestive of something. The dark, foreboding reds and oranges of the painting speak of the intense violence of the event. I must say, this initiative you've been showing speaks very well of your chances at this company.
speak of someone or something
1. to mention or discuss someone or something. Were we speaking of Judy? I don't recall. We were speaking of the new law.
2. [for a type of behavior or action] to reflect a particular quality. Jeff's behavior spoke of a good upbringing. Her good singing voice speaks of years of training.
1. To speak about someone or something: She spoke fondly of her childhood home.
2. To give an indication or suggestion of something: His biography speaks of great loneliness.