spaz out(redirected from spazzed out)
1. To behave in a foolish, silly, or frenetic manner. Said especially of or by children. "Spaz" is short for "spastic" and may be considered offensive due to that originally having been a derogatory term for someone with spastic paralysis or cerebral palsy. My friends and I just got really hyper eating a bunch of candy and spent the rest of the sleepover spazzing out. Tom and I were trying to study, but my little brothers kept spazzing out around us in the living room.
2. To behave in an erratic, unpredictable, and uncontrollable manner. Potentially offensive. I must have a virus or something, because my computer keeps spazzing out on me! The washing machine suddenly started spazzing out, then completely shut down.
1. si to overreact to something; to become overly excited about something. I knew you would spaz out! But my grades are not that bad! Come on, don't spaz out!
2. Sl. an emotional display. (Usually spaz-out.) There's no need for a spaz-out! she threw a hell of a spaz-out.
1. in. to overreact to something; to become overly excited about something. I knew you would spaz out! It’s not that bad!
2. n. an emotional display. (Usually spaz-out.) She threw a hell of a spaz-out.