Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
*sore (at someone)
Fig. angry at someone. (*Typically: be ~; get ~; make someone ~.) When Mary hears what you said about her, she'll get sore for sure. Please don't get sore at me.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
mod. angry. She is one sore old lady. You should give her teeth back.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) cross as a bear with a sore head
- a sight for sore eyes
- a sore head
- a sore loser
- a sore point
- a word of praise is equal to ointment on a sore
- be a sight for sore eyes
- be like a bear with a sore head
- cross as a bear
- like a bear with a sore head
- sight for sore eyes
- sight for sore eyes, a
- sore point
- sore point, a
- sore spot
- stand out like a sore thumb
- stand/stick out like a sore thumb
- stick out
- stick out like a sore thumb
- stick out like a sore thumb, to
- touch (on) a sore point
- touch (on) a sore spot
- touch a sore point
- touch a sore spot