Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to snot: Nasal mucus
1. slang Arrogant and snobbish. I was already bored, but now that we have a snot-nosed tour guide, I'm leaving. Did you hear how judgmental he was about our choice of wine? What a snot-nosed jerk.
2. slang Young and inexperienced. I've been in this job 20 years, and now some snot-nosed kid right out of college is going to tell me what to do? No way!
blow a snot rocket
To expel mucus from just one nostril by blocking the other one. Ew, that's so gross—quit blowing snot rockets!
1. An adolescent or child, especially one who is troublesome or burdensome. There's a bunch of snotnosed kids throwing eggs at houses around the neighborhood. A: "My mom is making me bring my little brother with us to the mall." B: "Ah, geez, I don't want some snotnose kid hanging around us all day!"
2. A younger person who is inexperienced or naïve yet also arrogant, brash, or haughty. I've been working at this company for 20 years. I don't need some snotnosed kid coming in and telling me how to do my job! What makes you think you could run this company any better? You're nothing but a snotnose kid!
See also: kid
slang A handkerchief, especially one that is kept in one's pocket primarily to wipe or blow one's nose. I always thought it was so disgusting carrying a snotrag around with you. Like, why would you put a rag full of mucous back in your pocket? I handed him my snotrag so he could wipe the tears from his eyes.
To slip, trip, stumble, or otherwise fall to the ground, especially in a clumsy or embarrassing manner. I hit a patch of ice on my bike and ended up snotting myself on the pavement. Luckily no one was around to see. I cringed so hard when the bride snotted herself coming down the aisle.
See also: snot
blow snot rocketsand blow a snot rocket
tv. to blow gobs of nasal mucus from one nostril at a time by blocking off the other nostril with a thumb. Bob is always blowing snot rockets! How crude! He tried to blow a snot rocket at the dog, but it kept right on barking.
blow a snot rocketverb
1. n. nasal mucus. (Crude.) He sneezed and got snot all over the newspaper.
2. n. a nasty person; an obnoxious person. (Rude and derogatory.) You needn’t be such a snot about it.
n. a handkerchief. (Usually objectionable.) Don’t you carry a snotrag?
mod. very drunk. Wilbur gets totally snotted almost every night.
See also: snot