Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to snot: Nasal mucus
(as) slick as snot
slang Very slippery. Be careful out there—ice has made the steps slick as snot.
blow a snot rocket
To expel mucus from just one nostril by blocking the other one. Ew, that's so gross—quit blowing snot rockets!
slicker than snot on a doorknob
slang Very slippery. Be careful out there—ice has made the steps slicker than snot on a doorknob.
To slip, trip, stumble, or otherwise fall to the ground, especially in a clumsy or embarrassing manner. I hit a patch of ice on my bike and ended up snotting myself on the pavement. Luckily no one was around to see. I cringed so hard when the bride snotted herself coming down the aisle.
See also: snot
1. An adolescent or child, especially one who is troublesome or burdensome. There's a bunch of snotnosed kids throwing eggs at houses around the neighborhood. A: "My mom is making me bring my little brother with us to the mall." B: "Ah, geez, I don't want some snotnose kid hanging around us all day!"
2. A younger person who is inexperienced or naïve yet also arrogant, brash, or haughty. I've been working at this company for 20 years. I don't need some snotnosed kid coming in and telling me how to do my job! What makes you think you could run this company any better? You're nothing but a snotnose kid!
See also: kid
1. slang Arrogant and snobbish. I was already bored, but now that we have a snot-nosed tour guide, I'm leaving. Did you hear how judgmental he was about our choice of wine? What a snot-nosed jerk.
2. slang Young and inexperienced. I've been in this job 20 years, and now some snot-nosed kid right out of college is going to tell me what to do? No way!
slang A handkerchief, especially one that is kept in one's pocket primarily to wipe or blow one's nose. I always thought it was so disgusting carrying a snotrag around with you. Like, why would you put a rag full of mucous back in your pocket? I handed him my snotrag so he could wipe the tears from his eyes.
blow snot rocketsand blow a snot rocket
tv. to blow gobs of nasal mucus from one nostril at a time by blocking off the other nostril with a thumb. Bob is always blowing snot rockets! How crude! He tried to blow a snot rocket at the dog, but it kept right on barking.
blow a snot rocketverb
1. n. nasal mucus. (Crude.) He sneezed and got snot all over the newspaper.
2. n. a nasty person; an obnoxious person. (Rude and derogatory.) You needn’t be such a snot about it.
n. a handkerchief. (Usually objectionable.) Don’t you carry a snotrag?
mod. very drunk. Wilbur gets totally snotted almost every night.
See also: snot