snarl up(redirected from snarls me up)
1. To become entangled or knotted. I hate the way the cords always snarl up behind the television. The line snarls up if you reel it in too quickly.
2. To cause something become entangled or knotted (in something). In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "snarl" and "up." I was standing too close to a tree when I cast my line and snarled it up in the branches. The child snarled up his mother's hair with the twisty toy.
3. To involve or entrap oneself or someone in something, such as an issue, problem, or scandal. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "snarl" and "up." The best politicians choose their battles wisely—if you spend your time snarling yourself up in petty debates, you'll never get anything done. My brother has snarled me up with a number of lawsuits to keep me from accessing my late-father's estate.
snarl someone or something up
to tangle someone or something; to mess something up. The wind snarled my hair up terribly. The wind snarled up my hair.
1. To become tangled in or as if in a knot: This new fishing line keeps snarling up.
2. To tangle or knot something: The wind snarled up my hair. I snarled the kite up in a tree.
3. To involve someone or something in or as if in a tangle: Their lawyers snarled us up in litigation for years. Don't get me snarled up in your affairs. An accident snarled up traffic for hours.