Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
obsolete slang A serving of liquor, especially whiskey. Primarily heard in US. What'll you have to drink, Tom? How about a little smile? The cowboy sauntered up to the counter and told the barkeep he would take a smile.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
smileand smiler and smiley
n. a drink of liquor; liquor. Come over and join me for a smiley.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- a man without a smiling face must not open a shop
- a smile is worth a thousand words
- all smiles
- be all smiles
- be grinning like a Cheshire cat
- beam/grin/smile from ear to ear
- break into a smile
- come up smiling
- crack a smile
- flash (one) a look
- flash (one) a smile
- flash a smile
- flash somebody a smile, look, etc.
- fortune is smiling (up)on (someone)
- fortune smiles (up)on someone
- fortune smiles on somebody
- keep smiling
- plastic smile
- plumber's smile
- put a smile on (one's) face
- put a smile on face
- put a smile on someone's face
- raise a laugh
- raise a laugh/smile
- raise a smile
- smile (up)on (someone or something)
- smile and the (whole) world smiles with you(; cry and you cry alone)
- smile at
- smile at (one)
- smile from ear to ear
- smile like a Cheshire cat
- smile on
- smile when you say that
- smiling like a Cheshire cat
- stay smiling
- wear nothing but a smile
- wearing a smile
- wearing nothing but a smile
- wipe the smile off someone's face
- wipe the/that grin off (one's) face
- wipe the/that smile off (one's) face
- wipe the/that smile, grin, etc. off your/somebody's face
- working man's smile