easy/gently/slowly does it(redirected from slowly does it)
easy does it
1. Proceed slowly and carefully. Easy does it, guys—you're moving a priceless piece of art!
2. Calm down. Whoa, easy does it, Fred—it's not the server's fault that you don't like your food.
Easy does it.
1. Move slowly and carefully. Bill (holding one end of a large crate): It's really tight in this doorway. Bob (holding the other end): Easy does it. Take your time. Nurse (holding Sue's arm): Easy does it. These first few steps are the hardest. Sue: I didn't know I was so weak.
2. Calm down.; Don't lose your temper. John: I'm so mad I could scream. Bob: Easy does it, John. No need to get so worked up. Sue (frantic): Where is my camera? My passport is gone too! Fred: Easy does it, Sue. I think you have someone else's purse.
easy does it
Go carefully, don't hurry, as in That chest is heavy, so easy does it. [1920s] Also see go easy.
easy does itapproach a task carefully and slowly. informal
ˌeasy/ˌgently/ˌslowly ˈdoes it(informal) used for telling somebody to be careful, calm, etc: Easy does it! Just lift it a little bit and I think it’ll go through the door.
Easy does it
1. phr. Calm down.; Relax. Easy does it! Relax and go slow!
2. phr. Be gentle.; Handle with care. Easy does it. Two people can handle this heavy old thing if they go slow.