slosh around(redirected from sloshes it around)
1. To spill or splash out of some container as a result of it being moved around jerkily. The boat was rocking so badly in the waves that my drink kept sloshing around at the table.
2. To cause something to spill or splash out of some container as a result of being moved around jerkily. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "slosh" and "around." Watch out—you keep sloshing the soup around!
3. To splash around inside of some container as a result of it being shaken or moved jerkily around. I could hear the water sloshing around in my stomach as I ran. I though I had drained all the old fuel out of the tank, but there is still a bit more sloshing around.
4. To cause some liquid to splash around inside of some container as a result shaking it or moving it jerkily around. I sloshed the bleach and detergent around in the container to mix them up properly. Don't slosh that solution around—it's highly volatile!
5. To plod or wade around in some wet or mucky substance or a place that contains it. The kids love sloshing around in muddy puddles after it rains. A big part of my uncle's job is to slosh around in the sewers.
slosh something around
to cause a liquid to rush or splash in a container. The chef sloshed the dressing around a few times and poured it on the salad. The chef sloshed around the dressing and poured it on the salad.
slosh around(in something)
1. [for a liquid] to rush or splash around in an enclosure or container. The milk sloshed around in the pitcher and splashed over a little bit. The fluid sloshed around, making a splashing sound.
2. to move or splash through a liquid, usually standing on one's feet. Billy sloshed around in the wading pool. The kids have been sloshing around in puddles again.