slop around(redirected from slopped it around)
1. To spill or splash out of some container as a result of being moved or sloshed around jerkily. The boat was rocking so badly in the waves that my drink kept slopping around at the table.
2. To cause something to spill or splash out of some container as a result of being moved or sloshed around jerkily. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "slop" and "around." Watch out—you keep slopping the soup around!
3. To plod heavily around in some messy, mucky substance. The kids love slopping around in the mud after it rains. This is my last week working on the farm, and I'll be pretty happy to not have to slop around in these fields anymore.
slop something around
to spill portions of a liquid here and there. Don't slop the milk around as you pour it. Please don't slop around the paint while you work.
1. [for someone] to splash around in a body of liquid, such as a bath. Timmy was in his bath, slopping around and singing. Bob is out in the pool, slopping around.
2. [for a liquid] to splash or rush around in a container. The water was slopping around in the bottom of the boat even though the lake we were traveling on was calm. There is some coffee left. I hear it slopping around in the bottom of the pot.