Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
1. An unattractively slovenly, disheveled, or messy person. Don't be such a slob, Jake. Comb your hair and put on some clothes that aren't wrinkled for once! You need to stop chewing with your mouth hanging open like that—you look like a total slob!
2. An unrefined, obnoxious, boorish person. Her latest boyfriend is a bit of a slob, always saying crude, stupid things. Why they would promote that slob to general manager is beyond me!
1. To consume or purchase something with great willingness or voracity. A noun or pronoun can be used between "slob" and "up." The senator's supporters just keep slobbing up the lies she feeds them. His fans are such devoted zealots. They'll slob up any old rubbish song he produces!
2. To cause (someone or something) to become very messy or disgusting. A noun or pronoun can be used between "slob" and "up." I don't know how you can eat a burrito without getting all slobbed up. I'm always a total mess by the time I'm done! A: "Would you mind if my cousin brings his kids to the party?" B: "The last thing I need is a bunch of dirty children slobbing up my apartment!"
3. To cover (someone or something) with saliva; to slobber all over someone or something. A noun or pronoun can be used between "slob" and "up." Would you mind telling your son not to put his mouth on my windows like that? I don't want them getting slobbed up like that! I'll let you borrow my harmonica, but don't slob it up!
SI to eat. What time do you people slob up around here? Fred stopped slobbing up long enough to change the channel on the TV set.
n. a rude, fat, and unpleasant person. What a slob! Comb your hair, if you can get a comb through it!
in. to eat. Fred stopped slobbing up long enough to change the channel on the TV set.