Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
informal The highest possible level of achievement, attainment, or success. My parents always taught me to reach for the sky when I was growing up—that I could be anything I set my mind to! With all your talent and money, you could do whatever you want. The sky's the limit, kiddo!
See also: sky
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
in. to travel (to somewhere) in an airplane. I decided to sky down to Orlando for the weekend.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) clear as the sky is blue
- (as) high as the sky
- aim for the sky
- blow sky-high
- blow sky-high, to
- blow somebody/something sky-high
- blow something sky-high
- blue-sky research
- blue-sky thinking
- build castles in the sky
- castles in the sky
- come out of a clear blue sky
- come out of a/the clear blue sky
- eye in the sky
- go sky-high
- gone to the big (something) in the sky
- gone to the big something in the sky
- gone to the great (something) in the sky
- high as a kite
- out of a clear (blue) sky
- out of a clear blue sky
- out of a clear sky
- out of a/the clear (blue) sky
- pie in the sky
- reach for the sky
- red sky at night, sailor's delight
- red sky at night, shepherd's delight
- red sky in the morning, shepherd's warning
- shoot for the sky
- sky hook
- sky is falling, the
- sky pilot
- sky rug
- sky's the limit, the
- the sky
- the sky is the limit
- the sky’s the limit
- the sky's the limit