Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. noun, slang One's life; one's survival or self-preservation. Thanks for bringing me some extra cash—you really saved my skin, there!
2. noun, slang A cigarette paper. Do you have any spare skins? I forgot to pick up some at the gas station.
3. noun, slang Nude flesh, especially the breasts or thighs. Come on, toots, lift up your skirt and show us some skin!
4. noun, informal In video games, an alternate appearance for a character within the game. The game is free, so the developers make their money by selling various skins for a few dollars a pop.
5. adjective, slang Of, depicting, or related to nudity or pornography. They sell skin magazine that are kept on a rack hidden behind black paper. The movie theater used to show skin flicks and exploitation films back in the '70s.
6. verb, dated slang To cheat or swindle (someone). The con man skinned them for nearly $10,000.
slang To slap hands with one in an amicable fashion; to give one five. Hey man, what's up? Skin me!
See also: skin
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
exclam. Give me some skin!; Shake my hand! (Originally black.) Hey, old buddy. Don’t walk on! Skin me!
See also: skin
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.