Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
(Ah) shucks!and (Ah) shoot!
Rur. Darn! (A mild oath.) Ah, shucks! I forgot to call Grandma. Tom: We can't get chocolate ice cream. The store's all out. Jane: Shucks. Ah, shoot! I missed my favorite TV show.
Rur. Gosh!; a mild oath. Shucks, ma'am. It wasn't anything at all. Aw shucks, I ain't never been this close to a woman before.
shuck something off
1. to take something off. Tom shucked his jacket off and sat on the arm of the easy chair. He shucked off his jacket.
2. to get rid of someone or something. she shucked all her bad habits off. Tom shucked off one girlfriend after another.
exclam. a mild oath. (Colloquial.) Aw shucks, I ain’t never been this close to a woman before.
See Aw shucks!
1. n. an insincere person. The guy’s a shuck. Don’t believe a thing he says!
2. tv. & in. to kid someone; to tease someone. Cool it! I’m just shucking.
3. tv. to swindle someone; to deceive someone. He was going to shuck the mayor, but people were beginning to talk, so he blew town.
4. n. a hoax. How could you fall for that old shuck?
5. and shuck down tv. & in. to undress oneself; to remove one’s clothing. He shucked down and showered and was at work in twenty minutes.