Shmegegges - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
shmegegge (redirected from shmegegges)
1. slang Foolish nonsense or untruthful rubbish. From Yiddish. Why, I've never heard such shmegegge in my entire life! Quit filling the kids' heads with that shmegegge about the dybbuk, Jerry. They're going to have nightmares for weeks!
2. slang An impudent, ignorant, oafish person. From Yiddish. I just don't understand why she ever married a shmegegge like him. Jeff is managing the project? That shmegegge couldn't manage his own sock drawer.
References in periodicals archive
Most slang dictionaries are no better than momgrams [postcards sent home at start of Marine Corps basic training] or a rub of the brush [bar drinks made out of leftovers], put together by shmegegges
[incompetents] looking to make some moola.
- Shmelev, Ivan
- Shmelev, Ivan Sergeevich
- Shmelkov, Petr
- Shmelkov, Petr Mikhailovich
- Shmidt Hypothesis
- Shmidt Island
- Shmidt Peninsula
- Shmidt Subglacial Basin
- Shmidt, Aleksandr
- Shmidt, Aleksandr Aleksandrovich
- Shmidt, Aleksandr Eduardovich
- Shmidt, Cape
- Shmidt, Evgenii
- Shmidt, Evgenii Vladimirovich
- Shmidt, Otto