sharp(redirected from sharpest)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Like this video? Subscribe to our free daily email and get a new idiom video every day!
1. adjective, informal Impressively stylish and attractive. He looked so sharp in his new three-piece suit. A: "That is one sharp jacket!" B: "Thanks, I just got it!"
2. noun, informal One who uses guile and deception to cheat or swindle others, especially in gambling; a sharper. The card sharp ended up conning the people out of nearly $3,000. The notorious sharp came to know every trick possible in order to game the system in his favor.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. clever; intelligent. She’s sharp enough to see right through everything you say.
2. mod. good-looking; well-dressed. That’s a sharp set of wheels you got there.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (as) sharp as a needle
- (as) sharp as a razor
- (as) sharp as a steel trap
- (as) sharp as a tack
- (as) sharp as a whip
- a short, sharp shock
- all sharped up
- at (some time) sharp
- at some time sharp
- back in the knife drawer, Miss Sharp
- be as sharp as a tack
- better than a poke in the eye (with a sharp stick)
- bring (something) into sharp relief
- casket sharp
- have a mind as sharp as a steel trap
- have a sharp tongue
- keep a sharp lookout (for something or someone)
- keep an eye out for
- look lively/sharp
- look sharp
- not the sharpest knife in the drawer
- not the sharpest pencil in the cup
- not the sharpest tool in the box
- not the sharpest tool in the shed
- put (something) into sharp relief
- sharp as a needle
- sharp as a razor
- sharp as a tack
- sharp cookie
- sharp practice
- sharp tongue
- sharp wit
- short sharp shock
- short, sharp shock
- the sharp end
- throw (something) into sharp relief
- throw into sharp relief