Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to shag: SHEG
?Note: This page may contain content that is offensive or inappropriate for some readers.
1. verb, vulgar slang For several people to engage in sexual intercourse with one person, either at once or in succession.
2. verb, offensive slang To rape a person with several other perpetrators; to perpetrate a gang rape. This usage is considered offensive due to likening an instance of rape with a consensual act.
3. noun, vulgar slang An instance in which several people engage in sexual intercourse with one person, either at once or in succession.
4. noun, offensive slang A rape by multiple perpetrators; a gang rape. This usage is considered offensive due to likening an instance of rape with a consensual act.
like a shag on a rock
Isolated, lonely, stranded, or abandoned. A shag is an Australian term for a cormorant, which often perches alone on cliffsides. Primarily heard in Australia. I can't believe you just got up and left me there like a shag on a rock! Even at parties around lots of people, I still tend to feel like a shag on a rock.
shag ass (out of something or some place)
1. rude slang To travel or depart from some place very quickly or hurriedly. A possessive pronoun can be used between "shag" and "ass." We'd better shag ass if we're going to get to the airport on time! When we saw the silhouette of a creepy old woman at the top of the stairs, we shagged ass out of that spooky old as fast as we could.
2. rude slang To leave or get out of something or some place very lazily or reluctantly. A possessive pronoun can be used between "shag" and "ass." There's not much that would make me shag my ass out of bed at five in the morning.
slang To leave or depart very quickly or suddenly; to hustle away. Often used as an imperative. I think I hear the police coming. We'd better shag off! Shag off, you filthy cat! Go on, get out of here! A: "Where'd Tom go?" B: "I think he shagged off to get some more cigarettes."
1. slang Exhausted or fatigued. I was really shagged after that long hike. I was too shagged after that long week of work to drive all the way to New York to see my grandparents, so I bit the bullet and bought a plane ticket instead.
2. vulgar slang Having had sex with someone. Primarily heard in UK. You're way too uptight, dude. You need to go out to a bar, pick up some chick, and get shagged. Wow, it's been quite some time since I've been shagged like that.
See also: shag
1. slang Exhausted or fatigued. I was really shagged out after that long hike. I was too shagged out after that long week of work to drive all the way to New York to see my grandparents, so I bit the bullet and bought a plane ticket instead.
2. slang Having grown a distaste for or disinterest in something due to an overabundance of or overexposure to it. I tell you, after working in a retail store with the radio pumping all day, every day, I got really shagged out on mainstream pop music. The film's biting satire and black humor is a perfect remedy for anyone feeling shagged out on schmaltzy Christmas movies.
slang Particularly nasty or disgusting. The room they gave us was shag-nasty, but it was already 1 AM and there wouldn't be another motel for several hours at least. Judging by the shag-nasty gunk that came out of their engine, I'd say they haven't changed the oil in years.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
Sl. to depart. I gotta shag. It's late. Go on! Shag off! I gotta shag. Somebody's calling my name.
Sl. exhausted. What a day! I'm shagged out! You guys look sort of shagged out.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
bag ass (out of somewhere)and barrel ass (out of somewhere) and bust ass (out of somewhere) and cut ass (out of somewhere) and drag ass (out of somewhere) and haul ass (out of somewhere) and shag ass (out of somewhere)
tv. to hurry away from some place; to get oneself out of a place in a hurry. (Usually objectionable.) I gotta shag ass, Fred. Catch you later. Let’s haul ass out of here and go get a beer. It’s late, you twits. Time to go. Let’s drag ass!
shag ass out of somewhereverb
1. and gang-shag n. an act of serial copulation, with one female and a group of males. It was nothing but a gang-bang, and a drunken one at that.
2. and gang-shag n. group rape of a woman. There was another gang-bang in the park last week.
3. in. & in. to perform an act of serial copulation, as in senses 1 or 2. A bunch of guys gang-banged Sally, for a fee, of course.
4. tv. & in. to gang up on someone or something. They’re always gang-banging. The punks!
in. to depart. I gotta shag. It’s late.
See shag off
mod. alcohol intoxicated. Nobody is not too shagged to drive—or something like that.
See also: shag
mod. exhausted. What a day! I’m shagged out!
mod. nasty. I want out of this shag-nasty mess.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.