sex up(redirected from sexed one up)
1. slang To make someone or something more sexually attractive or alluring. A noun or pronoun can be used between "sex" and "up." Advertisers have been sexing up their advertisements for as long as advertising has existed—as the saying goes, "sex sells." Originally my character dressed much more modestly, but they wanted to sex me up for the movie.
2. slang To make something more interesting, exciting, or appealing, especially through embellishment, exaggeration, or sensationalism. A noun or pronoun can be used between "sex" and "up." As news articles moved from print to online distribution, publishers have had to rely on people seeking out and clicking on their material, which is why so many articles have been sexed up with sensationalist language and details normally reserved for tabloids. The CEO wants us to sex our report up for the investor's briefing with more exciting language.
3. vulgar slang To engage in sexual intercourse or activity with someone. A noun or pronoun can be used between "sex" and "up." He whispered in my ear that he wanted to sex me up. Wow, would you look at the bartender? I wouldn't mind sexing him up.
1. To increase the sexual appeal or content of someone or something: The producer sexed up the music video with scantily clad dancers. Because the club was bland, the owners decided to sex it up.
2. Chiefly British Slang To increase the appeal or attractiveness of something; embellish something: The committee sexed up the report with suggestions of conspiracy. Our website is boring—what if we sex it up with funky icons?
3. Vulgar Slang To arouse someone sexually.