see into(redirected from seeing him into)
1. To investigate something; to look into or ask questions about something. The HR department will be seeing into complaints of unfair firing practices. We've seen into what could be causing the server malfunction. We will keep you posted when we have more information.
2. To show or escort someone into some place, especially in a formal capacity. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "see" and "into." Mary, would you mind seeing our guests into the meeting room? Allow me to see Mr. Jacobs here into his room, and then I'll be right with you.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
saw into something
to cut into something with a saw. The carpenter sawed into the beam and had it cut in two in no time at all. Be careful not to saw into the table.
See also: saw
see someone into somethingand see someone in
to usher or accompany someone into something or some place. Please see her into the room and make sure she is seated where she can hear the speaker. Please see in the speaker and make sure she finds her seat on the stage.
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
1. Investigate; see look into.
2. Understand the true character or nature of, as in Mother could see into Mary very well and knew exactly what she was up to. Shakespeare used this idiom in 2 Henry VI (3:1): "Well hath your Highness seen into this duke."
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer. Copyright © 2003, 1997 by The Christine Ammer 1992 Trust. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. To escort some visitor into a room or building: The butler saw the guests into the room.
2. To perceive the interior of something with or as if with the eye: From his window, he could see into the neighbor's apartment.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs. Copyright © 2005 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.