see through (someone or something)(redirected from see through us)
see through (someone or something)
To not be fooled by someone's or something's outward appearance and understand their or its true nature. He always acts so generous and magnanimous, but I can see right through him—he only cares about himself, really. I think most people see through the company's flimsy PR spin and understand that this deal is a huge rip-off.
saw through something
to cut through something with a saw. I can't saw through this wood. It's too hard! I can saw through it!
see something through
to follow through on something until it is completed. Mary is prepared to see the project through. It's going to be an unpleasant experience, but I hope you'll see it through.
see through someone or something
1. Lit. [for one's vision] to penetrate something clear or opaque or a person. Of course, I can see through the window! With x-rays, they can see through your body!
2. Fig. to understand or detect the true nature of someone or something. You can't fool me anymore. I can see through you and all your tricks. This plan is designed to make money for you, not to help people. I can see through it! I'm not a fool!
1. see through someone or something . Understand the true character or nature of someone or something, as in We saw through his superficial charm: he was obviously a liar. [c. 1400]
2. Also, see out. Remain with an undertaking to the end; also, provide steadfast support to. For example, I saw the reorganization through and then I left the company, or We'll see out the year in Florida and then decide if the move is permanent, or We'll see you through medical school but then you're on your own.
1. To apprehend one's true nature or character despite some affectation or deception: We saw through his superficial charm.
2. To cause or help someone to manage or survive: I have enough savings to see me through a month without work. We'll see you through until you finish college.
3. To work on some project until completion: We are determined to see the project through.