scronch(redirected from scronches)
1. dated To crush, smash, crunch, or crumple (something). The machine scronches the debris again and again until it sifts through the sieve in a fine powder. He sat watching the television, popping potato chips into his mouth and scronching away happily.
2. dated To hunch over or bend up. There being no other beds available, I had to scronch up in the armchair to sleep for the night. The defendant scronched down his head and shoulders as he walked through the crowd.
1. dated Crushed, smashed, crunched, or crumpled. The car, scronched and malformed from the impact, came to a rest clear on the other side of the road.
2. dated Hunched over or bent up. I walked through the crowd with my head and shoulders scronched down.
3. dated slang Drunk. The bottles of champagne flowed freely, until we were all fairly scronched.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
mod. alcohol intoxicated. She just sat there and got scronched.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.