screw(redirected from screwing)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to screwing: screwing the pooch
screw something (on) (to something)
to attach something to something by the use of screws or other threaded fasteners. Screw the bracket onto the wall, will you? Screw on the bracket to the wall.
1. tv. & in. to copulate [with] someone. (Very old. Usually objectionable.) The sailor wanted to screw somebody bad.
2. tv. & in. to cheat or deceive someone. You can count on somebody screwing you at a traveling carnival.
3. n. an act of copulation. (Usually objectionable.) The sailor said he needed a good screw.
4. n. a person with whom one can copulate. (Usually objectionable.) His teeth are crooked and his hands are callused, but he’s a good screw.
5. n. a jailer. (Very old. Underworld.) See if you can get the screw’s attention.
- a turn of the screw
- get screwed
- have (one's) head screwed on (right)
- have a loose screw
- have a screw loose
- have one's head screwed on right
- have your head screwed on
- pluck up one's courage
- pluck/screw/summon up courage
- put the heat on
- put the screws
- put the screws on
- put the screws on (one)
- put the screws on someone
- put the screws to (someone)
- screw (one) around
- screw (one)self up to concert pitch
- screw (one's) courage to the sticking place
- screw (someone)/that
- screw around
- screw around with
- screw around with (something)
- screw around with someone or something
- screw down
- screw him, you, that, etc.
- screw into
- screw it
- screw off
- screw out of
- screw over
- screw someone or something up
- screw someone out of
- screw someone out of something
- screw someone over
- screw the pooch
- screw up
- screw up (one's) courage
- screw up (one's) courage to the sticking place
- screw up (one's) face
- screw up courage
- screw up your courage
- screw with
- screw you
- screwed tight
- screwed up
- screwed, blued, and tattooed
- tighten the screw
- tighten the screw(s) (on one)
- tighten the screws
- tighten the screws on (one)
- turn of the screw
- turn the screw on someone
- turn the screw(s) (on someone)
- turn up the heat on
- with a loose screw
- with a screw loose