Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to screwed: Screwed Up
1. verb, vulgar slang To have sex (with someone). She's been screwing her secretary for months behind her husband's back. I used to share an apartment with a couple who were screwing constantly. It was really unpleasant.
2. verb, rude slang Used as an imperative to express utter contempt, disdain, or disregard for someone or something. A: "Get out of here, pal." B: "I have every right to be here, so screw you!" Man, screw this. I'm sick and tired of this dead-end job. A: "What about our customers? Won't this put their investments in jeopardy?" B: "Maybe, but it benefits us—so screw 'em."
3. verb, rude slang To con, swindle, cheat, or unfairly deprive one; to put one at a disadvantage or in a difficult position, especially in an unfair or selfish manner. We should have won—that ref screwed us! Tom totally screwed us when he quit in the middle of the project!
4. noun, vulgar slang Sexual intercourse. It's been nearly four months. I'm in dire need of a good screw. If you're just looking for a screw, then you need to look elsewhere, buddy. I ain't that kind of gal.
5. noun, vulgar slang A sexual partner, especially solely as an object of gratification. Would you look at his body? I bet he's an amazing screw.
6. noun, dated slang A prison guard. The screws in this joint are sadistic. They're more dangerous than the other inmates.
1. rude slang Cheated or swindled; unfairly deprived or taken advantage of. I always bring my dad with me when I go to get my car repaired, because I'm always nervous I'll end up getting screwed. We should have won that game, but we were really screwed by the ref.
2. rude slang Having no chance of success or recovery; in a hopeless or unsalvageable position or situation. Man, we are totally screwed if we can't get this prototype working before the big presentation. After yet another flop on the market, the tech company is seeming pretty screwed these days. The cancer has metastasized in my bones, so the doctors all but told me I'm screwed.
3. vulgar slang Having had sex with someone. You're way too uptight, dude. You need to go out to a bar, pick up a chick, and get screwed.
4. slang Drunk. If you can't make it through a single weekend without getting screwed, then you might need some help with your drinking.
See also: screw
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. mod. copulated with. (Usually objectionable.) I got myself good and screwed, and I haven’t felt better in months.
2. mod. cheated. Wow, you got screwed on that watch.
3. and screwed tight mod. alcohol intoxicated. She’s not just drunk; she’s screwed tight.
4. mod. bested; defeated; cheated. I really got screwed at the garage.
See also: screw
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.