scrag(redirected from scragging)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. noun The lean meat taken from the neck of an animal, especially mutton. His new cookbook focuses on maximizing small budgets by using cheaper cuts of meat, such as beef cheeks or scrags of mutton.
2. noun, slang The skin of the elbow. I've always hated the way my elbow scrag looks, so I'm getting a tattoo done over it.
3. noun, slang A promiscuous, coarse, or unkempt woman; a slut. Primarily heard in Australia. He called me a scrag after I rejected his advances, so I slapped him right in the face.
4. verb, slang To wring or throttle the neck of someone or some animal. The mugger scragged his victim to drown out her screams.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
1. n. the neck. (Underworld.) The cop grabbed him by the scrag and pushed him along to the squad car.
2. tv. to kill someone or something. (Originally underworld to strangle.) The gang decided that somebody was going to have to scrag the witness.
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.