scat(redirected from scats)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to scats: scars
1. noun Feces, especially the droppings of an animal. From all the scat in the area, I think it's safe to assume there are some bears nearby. A: "I think I stepped in some scat during the hike!" B: "Blech, I was wondering what that smell was."
2. noun, slang Heroin. C'mon, man, you've gotta hook me up with some scat. I'm jonesing hard, here! He got sent to jail for slinging scat on the streets.
3. noun, obsolete slang Whiskey. It was discovered that they had been smuggling barrels of scat within the holds of the ship. You're going to drink yourself into an early grave if you keep drinking all that scat!
4. verb, slang To leave or depart very quickly; to hustle away. Often used as an imperative. I think I hear the police coming. Let's scat! Scat, you filthy animal! Get out of here!
1. n. nonsense syllables sung to music. (Refers to a [primarily black] jazz practice in the jazz era.) She used to do scat but moved on to blues.
2. exclam. Go away! (Usually Scat! Often said to a cat to get it to go away.) Get out! Scat! Beat it, cat!
3. in. to leave. You guys scat now. I have to go to work.
4. n. heroin. (see also shit.) Bart is trying to sell scat in the neighborhood again.
5. n. inferior whiskey. You got anything better than that scat, bartender?