1. noun, offensive slang A derogatory term for a woman considered promiscuous and unclean. Clubs like these are always full of skanks and douchebags.
2. noun A type of dance associated with and performed to musical genres such as ska, reggae, hardcore punk, and others, and often incorporating exaggerated march-like movements and swinging of the arms. Most of the kids go to these shows just so they can do the skank and release some of their pent-up energy.
3. verb To perform such a dance. You've got to be careful when you're skanking so that your elbows don't hit anybody around you.
skankand scank (skæŋk)
1. n. an ugly (young) woman. (Collegiate.) What a skank she is! Give her a comb or something.
2. in. to appear ugly. Both sisters skank. Must be hereditary.