satisfy (someone, something, or oneself) by (doing something)(redirected from satisfying us by)
satisfy (someone, something, or oneself) by (doing something)
1. To make someone, something, or oneself content or pleased by doing something. I knew I could only satisfy my father by becoming a doctor. I'm trying to satisfy myself by turning my passion for art into a profession. You'll never satisfy your employer by doing the bare minimum.
2. To fulfill someone's or something's requirement by doing something. I'm trying to satisfy the college application's community service requirement by volunteering at a local homeless shelter on weekends. Our CEO is in charge of approving these types of budgetary requests, and you'll only satisfy him by showing a detailed plan of how the money will be spent.
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
satisfy something by somethingand satisfy something with something
to fulfill a requirement, using a particular thing, such as a school or college course. Can I satisfy the requirements by taking a course in art? Will I satisfy the requirement with this course?
McGraw-Hill Dictionary of American Idioms and Phrasal Verbs. © 2002 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
- a crack at (someone or something)
- (someone or something) promises well
- a fast talker
- a/the feel of (something)
- (I) wouldn't (do something) if I were you
- (have) got something going (with someone)
- a straw will show which way the wind blows
- (you've) got to get up pretty early in the morning to (do something)
- accompanied by
- accompanied by (someone or something)