sand(redirected from sanded)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. dated slang Courage, determination, or resolve; grit. You've got to have sand if you want to work as a hand on this ranch. We don't want someone who's going to quit when the going gets tough. She's got more sand than anyone I know. Once she sets her mind to something, she doesn't stop until she's got it.
2. dated slang Sugar. A: "I'll have a cup of Joe with cow and sand!" B: "Excuse me?" B: "Sorry, one coffee with milk and sugar, please."
Farlex Dictionary of Idioms. © 2015 Farlex, Inc, all rights reserved.
n. sugar. Do you use sand in your coffee?
McGraw-Hill's Dictionary of American Slang and Colloquial Expressions Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
- (one's) head is in the sand
- a line in the sand
- a rope of sand
- be built on sand
- bring sand to the beach
- build (something) on sand
- build on sand
- built on sand
- bury (one's) head in the sand
- bury head in the sand
- bury your head in the sand
- bury/hide one's head in the sand, to
- bury/hide your head in the sand
- draw a line in the sand
- footprints on the sands of time are not made by sitting down
- get (one's) head out of the sand
- go pound sand
- have (one's) head in the sand
- have enough sense to pound sand
- hide (one's) head in the sand
- hide one's head in the sand
- line in the sand
- lost in the sands of time
- plough the sand
- plow the sands
- pound sand
- put (one's) head in the sand
- rope of sand
- run into the sand
- sand down
- sands are running out
- sands of time
- shifting sands
- stick (one's) head in the sand
- the sands are running out
- the sands of time
- the shifting sands of (something)