rush off(redirected from rushed me off)
1. To leave or depart in haste. I'm sorry you have to rush off like that. Hopefully we'll see you again soon! He rushed off after the meeting to catch a flight to New York.
2. To cause, compel, or force one to leave or depart with great haste. In this usage, a noun or pronoun is used between "rush" and "off." The waiter rushed us off the moment we were finished with dessert so that he could make room for the next guests. I really didn't like how they rushed us off the plane like that.
3. To send something in great haste, especially by mail. In this usage, a noun or pronoun can be used between "rush" and "off." I'm so sorry you haven't received your order yet—we'll rush a replacement off to you ASAP. We need to rush our tax returns off to the IRS before the deadline.
rush something off (to someone or something)
to send something quickly to someone or something. I will rush your order off to you immediately. I need to rush off this package to Walter.
rush off (from some place)
to hurry away from some place. I'm sorry, but I will have to rush off from this meeting before it's over. Mary had to rush off before the party was over.
1. To depart in a hurry: It's too bad you have to rush off right after the movie.
2. To send or transmit something hurriedly: As soon as your payment clears, we'll rush off your package to you. I'm sorry you left your book here; we'll rush it off to you in the mail.